Hey hey my blog readers!!! These past few weeks have been massively crazy! Studying for finals and doing last-minute homework for classes… OMG! I’m so happy it’s almost over and I definitely need a vacation. Which is exactly what I will be getting this Friday… I am leaving to go to London!!! Even though it’s still for school, a field experience but I am still beyond excited! So while I’m there expect to see a tiny transformation of this blog going into a travel blog while I’m there. My UK blog readers if you have any advice on what to see while I’m there or anybody else that has been there, feel free to email me and let me know. Expect a lot of pictures!!! Happy Reading Everyone!!!
Good Morning Everyone!!! Hope all my blog readers day is going well. I have some exciting news for you all…I did my first guest blog! I am beyond excited about it!! I want you all go check it out and let me know your thoughts on the content. Here is the link https://thinkjournalisticblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/guest-post-9-things-to-know-at-22/ Hope you enjoy and Happy Reading Everyone!!!
Hi Hi my blog readers!!! Hope everybody is having a fabulous day! Guess what today is…. that’s right New Content Day!!! Today’s content is a college tip on Thoughts on Becoming a Fifth Year aka a Super Senior. I got stuck with a harsh reality a few months ago, and learned that with my University changing the curriculum as soon as I transferred in that I was going to be pushed back more than originally planned. The plan was to be done by December 16 but now the new plan is May 17. Sooo after having a semi melt down and being upset I sat down and thought of the positives that come along with being a Fifth year. I learned why it might not be all that bad, so I thought that I should share them with you all. So lets begin!!!!
- Gaining new relationships and friendships– I can honestly say that I’m looking forward to the new relationships and friendships that I’ll be making next year. The new relationships with professors will benefit me greatly. Both academically and professionally, especially with my major it’s all about who you know. New friendships are always a welcome to me, I mean come on who doesn’t love making new friends. Just this year I was able to reconnect with one of my old high school friends that I had no idea I would have class with. We have a few classes together next year so that mean building an even stronger friendship again.
- New opportunities. New scholarships!! Future internships!! I plan to at least get one more internship up under my belt before I graduate as of where…NO IDEA! Who knows though I might get an internship that offers me a job as soon as I’m done…getting the hope. I also have the opportunity to graduate with my friend next year who is getting her masters the same time I’ll be getting my bachelors. Super excited about that!
- Vacation time. Vacation time is always a good time during the school year. Summer, Winter, and Spring Break are something that I’m looking forward to. This summer I have the chance to do a virtual internship which is awesome because it means I’m still able to keep my on campus job while still getting experience that I’ll need for the future. I’m hoping to also throw in some weekend road trips in there too. Spring break is Birthday time no more needs to be said there! 😀 Winter break: I’m escaping from Ohio and going on a cruise, don’t know where to yet but I am leaving!! haha.
- Avoiding the deadly student loans I tried my best to avoid getting these little suckers as much as I could but had to eventually give in… Darn you University fees!!!! since I still have one more year I’m able to avoid the repayment of student loans which is a major blessing. But if I do decide to start paying on them a little because im in school it gives me the chance to pay on it while no interest is racking up. Win Win situation!!
- Escaping the real world and learning from friends mistakes: As much as I’m looking forward to venturing out in the real world and getting a job in my field I know that’s when life truly begins. I’m ready but not ready. I’m still in my little escape haven and don’t have to think to much on it. When next spring semester rolls around then I can freak out until then nope! Since a good amount of my friends and classmates are either graduating this May or December I am able to learn the real world through their eyes and learn from their mistakes. I get to know the do’s and dont’s from them. It will make me a little wiser from the advice that I will get from them in the future.
- Taking advantages of perks on campus: I didn’t realize that I still have so many perks with being on the campus for another year: job fairs, free resume reviews, knowing the good nap spots, and student discounts who doesn’t love the discounts!! They will come in handy
So with that being said those are my thoughts on being a fifth year. Even though it’s not going as I planned it’s still a new plan in the making and I’ve realized that I’m not alone. If any students are in my same position just think on the positives things. Everybody takes their own pace when it comes to obtaining that degree. Being a super senior gives you even more time to learn yourself and really think more on what you want to do in life. Everything happens for a reason. Don’t freak out that you’re not done in four years its okay, at the end of the day you still going to be able to say you did it! SO Work Hard, Study Hard and Have fun. Happy Reading Everyone!!!!